Hurry! Do you have your child’s medical records to start school?

First day at schoolWhile we are all trying to soak up the last bit of summer, the school year is quickly approaching.

If you are registering for school, childcare, or sports teams you will have to provide your child’s vaccination records. This time of year families are gathering school supplies, sports and band equipment to get ready for school, but many forget about their child’s immunization records. Thinking ahead will save you time and money!

Keeping up-to-date immunization records for your children is important. They might not be able to start school without them. You don’t want to get to the first day of school and have to call the doctor’s office (with all the other parents who forgot) or worse yet – not know where the immunization records are. Many families move often or change doctors because of job or insurance changes. Make sure you know where your child’s records are.

Every state differs on what exactly is required, but generally, you will need:

  1. Hep B
  2. RV and RV1
  3. Diptheria
  4. Tetanus
  5. Haemophilus influenzae
  6. Pneumococcal conjugate 6
  7. Measles
  8. Hep A
  9. Possibly others depending on the age of your child

Before your child starts school, do this:

  1. Check with your children’s school about which vaccines are required
  2. Call you child’s doctor to get his or her vaccine record, or
  3. Have the doctor complete an immunization card for each vaccine your child receives. This way you can simply use a copy of the card whenever you need to prove that your child has been vaccinated.

How are you gathering your child’s immunization records?  I’d love to hear from you? CLICK HERE TO CONTACT ME

If you’d like to learn more about your family’s healthcare, subscribe to and receive a FREE copy of my ebook Easy Healthcare: Your Hospital Stay. CLICK HERE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD

With MyHealthspin, You Spin Your Healthcare Your Way!